Ignatius Book Fairs Featured on the Son Rise Morning Show!

Ignatius Book Fairs Featured on the Son Rise Morning Show!

Ignatius Book Fairs was recently featured on Sacred Heart Radio's Son Rise Morning Show! On the April 3 episode, host Anna Mitchell interviewed Rose Trabbic, director of Operations at Ignatius Book Fairs. On the show, the two discussed the need for a Catholic book fair and the selection process for wholesome books!

The Need for Catholic Book Fairs! | “Ignatius Press with Ave Maria University Are Filling That Void”

Rose and Anna began by discussing the book fair landscape and the need for an authentically Catholic fair. Rose explained that after many requests from Catholic schools, Ignatius Book Fairs finally gives these schools a wholesome and faith-filled alternative to mainstream book fairs. In response to the large demand, Ignatius Book Fairs are expanding all throughout the continental United States, and fairs are now taking place from coast to coast!  

Want to know where the fairs are taking place? Visit ignatiusbookfairs.com for a constantly updated map!

How Does Ignatius Book Fairs Select Their Books?

Later in the segment, Anna asked Rose about Ignatius Book Fairs' selection process for literature. Rose explained that each book has been read for content before they land on the shelves, to ensure that every title is “edifying and nourishing” for children. At Ignatius Book Fairs, schools can expect 30% of titles to be explicitly Catholic and the remaining 70% to be enriching, non-religious books that feature positive role models and uplifting storylines.

“[At Ignatius Book Fairs, we] select books that will bring beauty, truth and goodness in the lives of children” — Rose Trabbic, IBF Director of Operations

What Qualifies a “Good” Book? | Inside the Curation Process

Rose, then, detailed Ignatius Book Fairs' “curation” process. She explained that for Ignatius Book Fairs to feature a book, it must tell a good story, as well as have beautiful art and content that inspires and captivates children. These featured titles range from classic novels to fictional stories, from arts and craft books to mystery thrillers!  

Parents can have peace of mind knowing that nothing offered by Ignatius Book Fairs contains material contrary to the Catholic faith or traditional Christian morals.

“That’s our promise to parents, that anything that you find at an Ignatius Book Fair will be something that you can trust” — Rose Trabbic

How Does Your School Host an Ignatius Book Fair? | The Next Step!

What is the next step? Have your school fill out an online inquiry form at ignatiusbookfairs.com! Once completed, an Ignatius Book Fair Pro will reach out to learn more about your school.

If you’re a parent, you can get involved too! There are printable resources on the Ignatius Book Fairs website that you can bring to your school. Rose encouraged parents to schedule meetings with their school’s principal or librarian about hosting an Ignatius Book Fair.

How do the Fairs Work? | Dates and Titles

Rose noted that each in-person book fair lasts for five days, with one of the days opened to parishes and parents. The Fairs are primarily directed at K-8 students, with optional packages for high school and young adults. Each title is shipped to schools anywhere in the continental United States. For any other questions, Rose directed listeners to the Frequently Asked Questions page on the Ignatius Book Fairs website.  

At Ignatius Book Fairs, we aim to foster a love of reading and ensure children can access literature that aligns with Catholic values. We believe in the transformative power of books to mold character and enrich minds. That’s why we offer a thoughtfully curated selection of Christian as well as non-religious works that inspire, educate, and allow children to explore the complementary nature of faith and literature.

Browse Articles

Bring an Ignatius Book Fair to Your School

Contact Us